This unusual meatball will be sure to treat your friend and family to a great meal.—Grace Howaniec, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- 2 pound ground ham
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 2-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, eggs and milk. Crumble ham and beef over mixture. Shape meat mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, into individual balls and place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over balls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Iowa Ham Balls Main Dish in Country Woman January/February 1990, p36
Reviews for Iowa Ham Balls Main Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review