Iowa Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- In a skillet, fry the bacon until lightly browned. Remove and set aside. Pour 1/8 to 1/4 cup of bacon drippings over bread crumbs; set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings; saute green pepper and onion in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in the corn, bacon and half of bread crumbs.
- Spoon into a 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Iowa Corn Casserole
Sort By :
"This was a tasty meal. However I did make a few changes. I made my own creamed corn listed of using the caned stuff. Next time I'll use 1/2 a cup of bread crumbs. I found using the amount suggested took away from the creaminess of the corn.Cream Corn recipe found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cream-corn-like-no-other/detail.aspx"