International Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
Tender zucchini boats are great holders for their ample cheesy filling. Jalapeno peppers add a little kick to this unique recipe. —Mrs. Tracey Rosato, Markham, Ontario
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Havarti cheese with jalapeno or Havarti cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottoms so they sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Place zucchini shells in a small microwave- and oven-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Havarti cheese, 1/2 cup feta cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- 3. Fill zucchini with meat mixture. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Top with remaining feta; bake 5 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each equals 391 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC