- 2 large zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Havarti cheese with jalapeno or Havarti cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottoms so they sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Place zucchini shells in a small microwave- and oven-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Havarti cheese, 1/2 cup feta cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Fill zucchini with meat mixture. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Top with remaining feta; bake 5 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for International Stuffed Zucchini
Sort By :
"I made this the other night, we have oodles of squash in our garden. It was a nice twist to a classic. I love that I was able to use some fresh basil from out of the garden."
"It was tasty. Since I bought zucchini at the store, they were a bit smaller, so I had to use 3. I also used dried basil, but less of it. It was quite tasty and pretty simple to make."
"This recipe has great flavors with the basil and cheeses. I did everything as it said but used ground turkey. A friend that tried it at work also made it at home for her family and used ground meat. It was a great success. I definitely will be making it again."