International Potato Cake Recipe
Over the years, I’ve made this potato cake with lamb, ham and hard salami. It’s a perfect side for a lunch or dinner party.—Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced fontina cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Sprinkle bread crumbs onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Mash potatoes with cream, butter, eggs and seasonings.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon half the potatoes into prepared pan. Layer with cheese and salami; top with remaining potatoes. Combine topping ingredients; spoon over potatoes.
- 4. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and a thermometer reads 160°. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 252 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 526 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for International Potato Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC