Instead of Frying Fish Recipe
- 1 pound walleye, perch or pike fillets
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Cut fish into serving-size pieces. Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the potato chips, Parmesan cheese and thyme. Dip fish in milk, then roll in potato chip mixture.
- 2. Sprinkle a greased 9-in. square baking pan with bread crumbs. Place fish over crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 500° for 12-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Instead of Frying Fish
"Very good. Great tip from bhall to put the fish on top of the bread crumbs and pat the potato chip mixture on."
"Really good! Barely had enough breading, think i'll double the breading ingredients next time. I used cod but otherwise followed the recipe to a T. Husband loved it :)"
"This is very good as is, but next time I will drizzle a little fresh lemon over the top when I serve it. I really like lemon on fish."
"We catch our own fish (Walleye & Perch) The trick is dip in milk,put it on top of the bread crumbs & then put crushed potato chip mixture & drizzled butter on it It comes out perfect every time. Family & friends love it!"
"Thought it was great!"
"the potato chip mixture did not stick well to the fish and so the flavor did not coat the fish like it should have and so tasted like cooked catfish."
"very tasty and easy"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.