Instead of Frying Fish Recipe
- 1 pound walleye, perch or pike fillets
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Cut fish into serving-size pieces. Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the potato chips, Parmesan cheese and thyme. Dip fish in milk, then roll in potato chip mixture.
- 2. Sprinkle a greased 9-in. square baking pan with bread crumbs. Place fish over crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 500° for 12-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.