Instant Spiced Tea Mix
Perfect for a gift or to keep on hand when friends stop by, this versatile mix can be served hot or cold. "This was my grandma's favorite tea mixture," says Julie Dvornicky of Broadview Heights, Ohio. "The blend of ingredients makes it one of a kind!"
72 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 8 cups sweetened lemonade mix
- 1 cup orange breakfast drink mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 9 cups
- To prepare 1 gallon iced tea: Dissolve 2 cups of tea mix in 1 gallon
- of water; stir well. Serve over ice. Yield: 16 servings.
- To prepare 1 cup hot tea: Dissolve 2 tablespoons of tea mix in 1 cup
- of boiling water; stir well.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 110 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.