Instant Potato Gnocchi Recipe
This tasty gnocchi is much easier than it looks and contains almost no saturated fat. “Just serve with your favorite jarred pasta sauce, and you’re set!” Sarah Ott — Blanchardville, Wisconsin
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water
- Pasta sauce of your choice
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Place potato flakes in a large bowl. Stir in boiling water; add egg. Stir in flour and seasonings. On a lightly floured surface, knead 10-12 times, forming a soft dough.
- 2. Divide dough into four portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into 1/2-in.-thick ropes; cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Press and roll each piece with a lightly floured fork.
- 3. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 30-60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon. Serve with sauce; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without sauce and cheese) equals 250 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC