This tasty gnocchi is much easier than it looks and contains almost no saturated fat. “Just serve with your favorite jarred pasta sauce, and you’re set!” Sarah Ott — Blanchardville, Wisconsin
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water
- Pasta sauce of your choice
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place potato flakes in a large bowl. Stir in boiling water; add egg. Stir in flour and seasonings. On a lightly floured surface, knead 10-12 times, forming a soft dough.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into 1/2-in.-thick ropes; cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Press and roll each piece with a lightly floured fork.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 30-60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon. Serve with sauce; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Instant Potato Gnocchi in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p12
Reviews for Instant Potato Gnocchi
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review