Instant Potato Gnocchi Recipe
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water
- Pasta sauce of your choice
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place potato flakes in a large bowl. Stir in boiling water; add egg. Stir in flour and seasonings. On a lightly floured surface, knead 10-12 times, forming a soft dough.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into 1/2-in.-thick ropes; cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Press and roll each piece with a lightly floured fork.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 30-60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon. Serve with sauce; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Instant Potato Gnocchi(7)
Sort By :
It's fast and easy to prepare. I added Johnny Garlic's seasoning to it and it is great with Chicken Parmessan. NHL
This was a real hit for dinner last night. I did change it up a bit. I made mashed potatoes and doubled the spices. They came out very soft and yummy.
This is good, but I am still working on my technique so the gnocchi isn't as tough.
Cool the potatoes to luke warm before adding the egg or you'll have scrambled egg in this recipe. I wouldn't change anything else. This is a modern recipe the young people should enjoy!
This was very easy to make and my husband and I really enjoyed it. I agree with other posters I think I will change up the spices maybe adding Italian seasoning and oregano. This is a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >