Instant Party Potatoes Recipe
These potatoes are so simple to make that you will be making them for any potluck or party you attend.—Kathy Roosma, Zeeland, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2-2/3 cups instant potato flakes
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add milk, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder and minced onion; stir in potato flakes.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 242 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC