Instant Latte Mix Recipe
Do you have to buy a gift for a coffee drinker? This mix is a fantastic, frugal substitution to coffee house beverages. Feel free to use chocolate or pumpkin spice pudding in place of the vanilla.—Melody Sroufe, Garden Plain, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:7 servings
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT FOR HOT LATTE:
- 3/4 cup hot water
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR ICED LATTE:
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1. In a blender, combine the milk powder, creamer, coffee granules, sugar and pudding mix; cover and process until mixture is a fine powder. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
- 2. To prepare hot latte: Dissolve 1/4 cup mix in hot water; stir well.
- 3. To prepare iced latte: Dissolve 1/4 cup mix in hot water; stir in cold water. Transfer to a blender; add ice. Cover and process until blended. Yield: 7 servings.
1/4 cup mix equals 157 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC