Instant Chocolate Pastries
“My sister and I became addicted to Nutella while traveling in Europe. Now we’re always thinking of ways to incorporate the chocolate hazelnut spread into recipes. This one came about after making puff pastries with apple filling. We thought, ‘Why not try chocolate?’” —Dee Wolf, Syracuse, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 egg, beaten
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into six rectangles. Place on a greased
- baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon Nutella over half of a rectangle;
- fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat for
- remaining pastries. Brush with egg; prick tops with a fork.
- Bake at 400° for 10-14 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 6
Editor’s Note: Look for Nutella in the peanut butter section.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pastry equals 304 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.