Inside-Out Veggie Dip Recipe
Cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices make these savory, bite-size treats ideal for Christmas or New Year parties. —Judie Thurstenson, Colcord, Oklahoma
- 2 large cucumbers
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Peel strips from cucumbers to create decorative edges if desired; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Finely chop two slices; set aside. With a small spoon, scoop some of the seeds from the remaining slices.
- 2. Cut a thin slice from the bottoms of tomatoes to allow them to rest flat. Cut a thin slice from tops of tomatoes; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, red pepper, celery, onion, carrot, seasonings and chopped cucumber.
- 4. Fill tomatoes and cucumber slices with cream cheese mixture, about 1 teaspoon in each. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 23 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC