Inside-Out Veggie Dip Recipe
- 2 large cucumbers
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Peel strips from cucumbers to create decorative edges if desired; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Finely chop two slices; set aside. With a small spoon, scoop some of the seeds from the remaining slices.
- 2. Cut a thin slice from the bottoms of tomatoes to allow them to rest flat. Cut a thin slice from tops of tomatoes; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, red pepper, celery, onion, carrot, seasonings and chopped cucumber.
- 4. Fill tomatoes and cucumber slices with cream cheese mixture, about 1 teaspoon in each. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 23 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Inside-Out Veggie Dip
"Made this yesterday for New Year's Eve and everyone loved it.I also cut back on the onion and garlic powder, didn't want it to strong.Will definitely make it again!"
"This was so easy to make and tasted great! It works as a fancy dip or as a veggie cream cheese too, both of which are pricey, so it will save me some money on entertaining, always a bonus."
"I just rated this but forgot to click on the stars. So Here goes again. First made it following receipe -- thought it had too much garlic and onion powder -- it was immediately devoured. Made it again using less garlic and onion powder. Love it. Definitely do again."
"First made this using exact recipe -- it was too strong with onion powder or garlic, maybe both -- ub it went really fast and wished we had more. So I made it again, cutting back on onion and garlic powder. Everyone loved it!! Definitely at the top of the list."