Inside-out Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Add the next eight ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the rice is tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Inside-out Stuffed Peppers(14)
Sort By :
The rice was not done. Just slightly off, but not done.
We add salsa to the recipe to kick it up a notch
I have been making this recipe for years. What drew me to it was how easy it is. To make it even easier and a one pot dish, brown the ground beef in an oven proof dutch oven. As my family has grown I have adapted the recipe. I now use 2 pounds of ground beef and I use 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes instead of one can of stewed tomatoes
This recipe has been a family favorite ever since TOH published it back in 1995!
This has become one of our favorite dinners. I serve it with cornbread.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >