- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Add the next eight ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the rice is tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Inside-out Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
"I ended up using sausage instead of hamburger, cooked the rice beforehand, and then baked for only 30 minutes. VERY good."
"My DH and I both agree. This is very good."
"The rice was not done. Just slightly off, but not done."
"We add salsa to the recipe to kick it up a notch"
"I have been making this recipe for years. What drew me to it was how easy it is. To make it even easier and a one pot dish, brown the ground beef in an oven proof dutch oven. As my family has grown I have adapted the recipe. I now use 2 pounds of ground beef and I use 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes instead of one can of stewed tomatoes"