Inside-out Stuffed Peppers
Our daughters Kimberly and Kristina don't like the way the meat and rice mixture is usually stuffed inside big green peppers. So Kristina added a chopped pepper to the other ingredients in a casserole.Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Add the next eight
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the rice is tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; cook 5 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 276 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.