- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Add the next eight ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the rice is tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Inside-out Stuffed Peppers
"Great recipe. I did have to cook 20 min longer cause the rice wasn't cooked through. I also added Large can of diced tomatoes. I think next time I will put the rice in after the beef then add the other ingredients. Will make again"
"I ended up using sausage instead of hamburger, cooked the rice beforehand, and then baked for only 30 minutes. VERY good."
"My DH and I both agree. This is very good."
"The rice was not done. Just slightly off, but not done."
"We add salsa to the recipe to kick it up a notch"
"I have been making this recipe for years. What drew me to it was how easy it is. To make it even easier and a one pot dish, brown the ground beef in an oven proof dutch oven. As my family has grown I have adapted the recipe. I now use 2 pounds of ground beef and I use 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes instead of one can of stewed tomatoes"
"This recipe has been a family favorite ever since TOH published it back in 1995!"
"This has become one of our favorite dinners. I serve it with cornbread."
"This is a fantastic recipe. I usually add more green pepper and extra cheese. I've also tried adding a small can of tomato paste as well. So much easier than making stuffed peppers."
"I must make this nearly every week! It is a simple and delicious casserole -- great for a weeknight meal when served with a salad. I did find that it needs a little bit more salt and seasoning."