Our daughters Kimberly and Kristina don't like the way the meat and rice mixture is usually stuffed inside big green peppers. So Kristina added a chopped pepper to the other ingredients in a casserole.—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Add the next eight ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the rice is tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Inside-out Stuffed Peppers in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p14
Reviews for Inside-out Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review