- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, squash and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cabbage, juice, water, soup mix and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Inside-Out Stuffed Cabbage
"It was delicious and very easy to make"
"This was really good and fairly easy to make :)"
"We love this recipe. Simple and we nearly always have all the ingredients readily on hand."
"I didn't add the green peppers...even my kids loved this recipe. My 12 year old has recently asked when I am going to make it again!"
"This was a great recipe! I have been trying to find things I can make that don't have gluten. I modified the recipe by using beef broth instead of the water and soup mix and I used more uncooked rice."