Inside-Out Stuffed Cabbage Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, squash and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cabbage, juice, water, soup mix and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Inside-Out Stuffed Cabbage(17)
Sort By :
We love this recipe. Simple and we nearly always have all the ingredients readily on hand.
I didn't add the green peppers...even my kids loved this recipe. My 12 year old has recently asked when I am going to make it again!
This was a great recipe! I have been trying to find things I can make that don't have gluten. I modified the recipe by using beef broth instead of the water and soup mix and I used more uncooked rice.
This recipe was delicious. I did keep the rice on the side just so it would keep better.
Made this with a few tweaks and all my family likes this in the winter. Try sweet italian sausage instead of hamburger for more flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >