"We travel a lot, and I want my family to eat right while we're away from home, so I pack a cooler full of these fun sandwiches," relates Paula Truksa of Jewett, Texas. "You can use different luncheon meats, cheeses, sweet or sour pickles and white or wheat bread to suit your tastes."
Featured In: Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes
- 1 package (6 ounces) thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 8 slices thin sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 dill pickle spears, well drained
- Divide ham into eight portions. Top each stack with a slice of cheese. Spread both sides of bread with mayonnaise; place one slice of bread on each stack. If necessary, trim ham to fit bread.
- Place pickle in center of each. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 sandwiches.
Originally published as Inside-Out Sandwiches in Country Woman September/October 2000, p19
Reviews for Inside-Out Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review