- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder until the onion is tender; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and mushrooms. Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Combine the spinach, noodles, eggs, bread crumbs and cheddar cheese; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; let stand for 10 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Inside-Out Ravioli
Sort By :
Spiral pasta=fusilli. Leave out the canned mushrooms, use fresh baby spinach. This is worth the work, and it freezes well.
I made this for several years when the kids were still living at home because they liked it, and it was one way to get them to eat some spinach!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >