- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder until the onion is tender; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and mushrooms. Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Combine the spinach, noodles, eggs, bread crumbs and cheddar cheese; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; let stand for 10 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Inside-Out Ravioli
Sort By :
Spiral pasta=fusilli. Leave out the canned mushrooms, use fresh baby spinach. This is worth the work, and it freezes well.
I made this for several years when the kids were still living at home because they liked it, and it was one way to get them to eat some spinach!