Inside-Out Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in butter. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until juices run clear and pork is tender. Drain pork chops on paper towels. Drain all drippings from pan.
- 2. In a bowl, combine muffin mix, egg, milk and chili powder; mix until blended. Immediately coat chops with batter. In the same skillet over medium heat, fry chops in oil until batter is golden brown and cooked through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 572 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Inside-Out Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.