Inside-Out Pork Chops
This recipe gets its name because the corn bread serves as a coating instead of a stuffing. You can easily vary the amount of chili powder, so these slightly spicy chops appeal to all.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in butter. Add water;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or
- until juices run clear and pork is tender. Drain pork chops on paper
- towels. Drain all drippings from pan.
- In a bowl, combine muffin mix, egg, milk and chili powder; mix until
- blended. Immediately coat chops with batter. In the same skillet
- over medium heat, fry chops in oil until batter is golden brown and
- cooked through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 572 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white