Inside-Out Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in butter. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until juices run clear and pork is tender. Drain pork chops on paper towels. Drain all drippings from pan.
- 2. In a bowl, combine muffin mix, egg, milk and chili powder; mix until blended. Immediately coat chops with batter. In the same skillet over medium heat, fry chops in oil until batter is golden brown and cooked through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 572 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein
Reviews for Inside-Out Pork Chops
"Very dissapointed! If you choose to make this...beware! The oil needs to be very hot (which it doesn't state) in order for the corn muffin mix to not absorb all the oil and stick to the pan and burn. Sounded so good but was my first failed recipe!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.