Inside-Out Cabbage Rolls Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the cabbage, tomatoes, broth and pizza sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in rice; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 244 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.