Inside-Out Cabbage Rolls Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the cabbage, tomatoes, broth and pizza sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Inside-Out Cabbage Rolls(22)
Sort By :
loved this recipe ...didn't have canned tomatoes they called for so i added 1 can no salt tomatoes and some crushed red pepper....also added 1 cup of legumes and cooked with rice when i make it again i would make it in crock pot overnight
Love this! We used ground chicken and I added some Sriracha sauce!
Surprisingly good & I am NOT a fan of cabbage. :-)
On Daniel fast and this made for the perfect dish. Made this as a meatless dish, minus the cheese and added fiesta corn and salt.
This turned out really really well. I did it in the slow cooker and cooked it on high for 4 hours, adding the cooked rice in the last 45 minutes. I would likely reduce the amount of cabbage I used next time, though I think my "small" head of cabbage wasn't that small because there was a lot of cabbage in this dish. But will definitely make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >