Inside-Out Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients and mix well. Shape a scant 1/4 cupful around each frozen brussels sprout to form a meatball.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce, water and thyme; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Inside-Out Brussels Sprouts
Sort By :
"I'm planning on starting this in a few minutes for a 2nd go round! Loved it - I never follow a recipe verbatim, and because I'm a single old man - I substitute far less meat, but still used and entire egg, nobody likes "spicy" more than I - so I make it that way! I'm not a rice enthusiast so last time I made it with mashed potato, tonight I'm going to try it with mashed yam - it really was quite delicious! I put in my own tomato sauce I usually use for my "spaghetti" squash - and cooked it for the same length of time -- can't wait!"
"I have made these many times and they are a hit, even with people who don't normally eat brussels sprouts. I also double or add extra seasonings. This is an easy, delicious recipe. Sure to be a regular favorite."
"A fun way to eat Brussels sprouts! I would call it "Inside-Out Cabbage Rolls". It tastes similar. I used more garlic salt and thyme in both the meat and the sauce. I also added oregano to the meat. I works with fresh sprouts just fine. I served it with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, garlic cheese bread and fresh fruit on the side."
"This looks really good. What would you serve with this for a dinner?"
"I love the idea of this recipe! I did add extra spices to add some more flavor. I'm wondering if cooked fresh Brussels Sprouts would make it a big crisper on the inside?"