- 2-1/2 pounds plum tomatoes (about 10), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Balsamic vinegar, optional
- In a large bowl, mix tomatoes, cheese pearls and olives. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, drizzle with vinegar. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Insalata Caprese
"I found this to be a easy way to prepare a caprese salad for a large group instead of doing individual salads as I usually do. The ripe olives added a nice touch. I used cherub tomatoes and sliced them in half instead of the plum tomatoes. Very pretty dish and more importantly delicious. volunteer field editor"
"This was ok. I prefer my tomatoes and mozzarella to be marinated in the balsamic vinegar and oil. It gives it more flavor that way."
"This is simply delightful with any heavy pasta dish!"
"Just perfect! I used cherry tomatoes and cut them in half. I did add the balsamic vinegar, and it was so good with the fresh herbs."