Indonesian-Style Pork Roast Recipe
Your family and friends won't believe you when you reveal the "secret ingredients" for this flavorful pork roastpeanut butter! I've served this roast to guests for years, and I can't tell you how many times I've sent copies of the recipe home with guests. For a change of taste, you can substitute toasted walnuts for peanuts and use walnut oil instead of peanut butter.
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Combine coating ingredients in a bowl; mix until smooth. rub coating over all exposed surfaces of the roast; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place roast in greased baking dish; cook at 325° until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 160° (about 75 minutes).
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients except peanuts in saucepan; bring to a boil. Let cool; add peanuts. Set aside. Remove roast from oven; let stand for 15 minutes. Slice into serving portions and serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Indonesian-Style Pork Roast in Country Woman January/February 1990, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Indonesian-Style Pork Roast(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >