- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small saucepan; stir in butter and broth. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Cool.
- Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread the pork cubes onto four small metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-14 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Indonesian Pork in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p61
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Indonesian Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2013
"Completely tasteless. I will not be making this dish again."