Indonesian Pork Tenderloin
From Houston, Texas, Margaret Haugh Heilman shares her favorite recipe for tangy grilled pork tenderloin. Marinated in soy sauce, lime juice, red pepper and ginger, the meat takes on plenty of flavor-and is special enough for company.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon stir-fry sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the pork in a
- large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and
- turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally. Cover
- and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill pork, covered, over hot heat for
- 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices
- run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 178 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a