Indonesian Peanut Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 6 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- 6 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the onion, water, peanut butter, chili sauce, salt, cayenne and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with peanuts and red pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 353 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Reviews for Indonesian Peanut Chicken
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer