Indonesian Peanut Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 6 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- 6 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the onion, water, peanut butter, chili sauce, salt, cayenne and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with peanuts and red pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 353 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
Reviews for Indonesian Peanut Chicken
"This recipe is tasty. next time, I'm going to use a little more peanut butter and a little less chili sauce (3 tablespoons of siracha was too much for me!). I'll probably double the sauce also.thanks for the recipe!"
"Very tasty and easy. Not necessarily authentic, but it's a great tasting peanut chicken recipe with the luxury of letting is sit in the slow cooker all afternoon. I agree on making more sauce if you want some to pour over the rice as well."
"We liked and would make it again. I would give it 4.5 stars."
"Spicy and absolutely delicious!!"
"I made this for the first time today. It was very good, we both liked it very much. The one thing I would suggest is doubling the sauce if you're going to serve it over rice. The chicken really soaks up the sauce once you shred it."
"My husband and I love this. My kids, not so much."
"I've made this recipe twice already and I love it! The first time I forgot to add the Fresh Red Bell Peppers before serving it. Even though it was good, I enjoyed it better with them the second time I made the recipe."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer