- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine the soy sauce, garlic, peanut butter, cilantro and hot pepper sauce; cook and stir until heated through and blended. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour soy sauce mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Grill 6-8 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Place the salad greens, tomatoes, onions, cabbage, cucumber and peanuts on a serving platter. Slice chicken; arrange over salad.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and hot pepper sauce. Serve with salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Chicken Salad in Country August/September 2002, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Indonesian Peanut Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >