Indonesian Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 18 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and red pepper in oil for 6-8 minutes. Add green onions; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Drain pasta; toss with vegetable mixture and reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 263 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Indonesian Pasta
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.