Indonesian Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 18 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and red pepper in oil for 6-8 minutes. Add green onions; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Drain pasta; toss with vegetable mixture and reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 263 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 627mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Indonesian Pasta
"I love this recipe. I had lost it and now I have found it and I am so excited~ I add pan seared steak to this recipe and sugar snap peas. I cook it all in sesame oil."
"Excellent, light tasting dinner with just the right amount of heat."
"Excellent recipe! My husband & I add a whole sweet red pepper (instead of a half) and pine nuts to this recipe. We keep a jar of chopped jalapeno peppers "on hand" and use 2 heaping TB in this recipe."
"My husband and I love this dish! It is so tasty. We add scallops, shrimp or salmon pieces. A lot of ingredients but definitely well worth it."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.