Indonesian Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 18 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and red pepper in oil for 6-8 minutes. Add green onions; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta; toss with vegetable mixture and reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Indonesian Pasta(4)
Sort By :
Excellent, light tasting dinner with just the right amount of heat.
Excellent recipe! My husband & I add a whole sweet red pepper (instead of a half) and pine nuts to this recipe. We keep a jar of chopped jalapeno peppers "on hand" and use 2 heaping TB in this recipe.
Made this for dinner tonight (for a picky eater for a hubby) and it was pretty tasty but a tad too spicy. I would cut back a bit on the jalapeno and add a little olive oil when tossing it all together. Next time we thought it would be good too with chicken pieces in there. Will make it again.
My husband and I love this dish! It is so tasty. We add scallops, shrimp or salmon pieces. A lot of ingredients but definitely well worth it.