- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 can (12 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 2 tablespoons Greek olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, In a large bowl, combine the tuna, soup, artichokes, sour cream, peppers, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, dill, capers, garlic, lemon peel and pepper flakes. Drain pasta; stir into tuna mixture. Divide among six 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle over tuna mixture. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Individual Tuna Casseroles in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Individual Tuna Casseroles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review