Tasty toffee bits are a sweet surprise inside individual, creamy cheesecakes. I sometimes drizzle chocolate syrup over the whipped cream garnish.—Marla Hyatt, St Paul, Minnesota
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Optional toppings: chocolate wafers, whipped cream and additional toffee bits
- Place each of four greased 4-in. springform pans on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pans.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto bottoms of prepared pans; sprinkle with toffee bits.
- In a large bowl, beat the condensed milk, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour filling over crusts. Place springform pans in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until centers are just set and tops appear dull. Remove springform pans from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edges of pans to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- To make decorative stars, place a chocolate wafer on a small piece of waxed paper; microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until softened. Immediately, cut with a 1-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Garnish cheesecakes with whipped cream, additional toffee bits and stars as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Individual Toffee Dream Cheesecakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p66
Reviews for Individual Toffee Dream Cheesecakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review