Individual Strawberry Trifles
A quick, homemade chocolate sauce tops these Individual Strawberry Trifles. I like to garnish the desserts with confectioners' sugar. —Karen Scaglione, Nanuet, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 slices pound cake, cubed
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat;
- stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice. Cool
- to room temperature.
- In four dessert glasses or bowls, layer with strawberries, cake cubes
- and chocolate mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 348 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.