Individual Strawberry Trifles Recipe
A quick, homemade chocolate sauce tops these Individual Strawberry Trifles. I like to garnish the desserts with confectioners' sugar. —Karen Scaglione, Nanuet, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 slices pound cake, cubed
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In four dessert glasses or bowls, layer with strawberries, cake cubes and chocolate mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 348 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC