A quick, homemade chocolate sauce tops these Individual Strawberry Trifles. I like to garnish the desserts with confectioners' sugar. —Karen Scaglione, Nanuet, New York
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 slices pound cake, cubed
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice. Cool to room temperature.
- In four dessert glasses or bowls, layer with strawberries, cake cubes and chocolate mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Individual Strawberry Trifles in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p51
Reviews for Individual Strawberry Trifles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2010
"I made this for my bridge group and served it in a wine glass. It was a hit! So easy to prepare."
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2010