- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- Paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until tender. Drain. Stir in chili sauce and vinegar.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed potatoes and cream cheese until blended. Press one biscuit dough onto bottom and up sides of each of 10 greased muffin cups. Fill with beef mixture. Spread potato mixture over tops. Sprinkle with potato chips, pressing down lightly.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with paprika.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled shepherd's pies in a single layer in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bake on a baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven 15-18 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Individual Shepherd's Pies in Country Woman February/March 2016
Reviews for Individual Shepherd's Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review