Individual Seafood Casseroles Recipe
My husband can't get enough of these mini casseroles and is disappointed when there aren't leftovers. This dish is a mainstay on my holiday menus.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons each finely chopped sweet red and green pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, ground turmeric and dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each chopped sweet red and green pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the peppers, seasonings, lemon juice and pepper sauce until blended.
- 2. Remove from the heat; add the crab, tuna, shrimp and eggs. Transfer to six greased ovenproof 10-oz. dishes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Sprinkle over seafood mixture.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with peppers. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until heated through and edges are bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Individual Seafood Casseroles
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC