Individual Peach Cobbler Recipe
For a comforting old-fashioned treat, try this yummy peach cobbler suggested by field editor Doris Heath from Franklin, North Carolina. "I sometimes make it with cherries, apples or apricots instead," Doris shares.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in peaches. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Pour into two greased 8-oz. custard cups.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar; stir in milk and oil just until moistened. Drop by teaspoonfuls over hot peach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC