- water and oil; mix just until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a
- floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-7 minutes.
- Cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the pesto ingredients. Cover and
- process until smooth, scraping sides often. Set aside.
- Divide dough into fourths. Roll each portion into a 6-in. circle.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack.
- Prepare grill for indirect medium heat using a drip pan. Place dough
- over the direct heat area. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until
- puffed and golden. Turn and place dough over drip pan.
- Spread pesto over crusts. Top with 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese,
- tomatoes, onions, pepper, Parmesan and remaining mozzarella. Grill,
- covered, over indirect medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese
- is melted and crust is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Individual prebaked Italian bread shells may be substituted for the homemade crust.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 pizza) equals 430 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.