Individual Greek Pizzas
Cooking spinach in oil eliminates the need to squeeze the water from the leaves and keeps your pizza sauce from becoming too watery.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 prebaked mini pizza crusts
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute spinach in oil for 2-3 minutes or until
- wilted. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook beef over
- medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce; cook
- for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Place crusts in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan;
- spread with meat sauce to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer with
- spinach, tomatoes, cheese and pine nuts. Bake at 450° for 8-10
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza equals 687 calories, 27 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,436 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red