Individual Flans Recipe
Long-time empty nester Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri says she’s always on the lookout for special desserts sized for two. “This rich, comforting custard is smooth, easy and just right for my husband and me!”
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch ground allspice
- 1. Divide coconut between two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Drizzle with caramel topping. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour into custard cups.
- 2. Place a steamer rack inside a large skillet. Pour water into skillet until it comes almost to the top of the rack. Place custard cups on rack. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 in. from the edge comes out clean.
- 3. Remove cups to a wire rack; let stand for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cup. Unmold flans onto dessert plates; serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 307 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 258 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC