- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch ground allspice
- Divide coconut between two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Drizzle with caramel topping. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour into custard cups.
- Place a steamer rack inside a large skillet. Pour water into skillet until it comes almost to the top of the rack. Place custard cups on rack. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 in. from the edge comes out clean.
- Remove cups to a wire rack; let stand for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cup. Unmold flans onto dessert plates; serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Individual Flans
Sort By :
"This is nothing short of miraculous if you are a flan addict - and we are. Living in Mexico this is the "go to" dessert. I also make it as a Creme Brulee. Just omit the caramel and coconut - steam as directed. Remove from streamer, cool then chill. Sprinkle with Mascabado sugar and torch or broil until melted. Top with a few raspberries or strawberries if desired."
"very tasty , similar to coconut custard minus the crust. I placed mine in custard cups sat them in a water bath 1/2 way up the sides of the custard cups 350 degrees 45 minutes, did not use the steamer rack"