Long-time empty nester Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri says she’s always on the lookout for special desserts sized for two. “This rich, comforting custard is smooth, easy and just right for my husband and me!”
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch ground allspice
- Divide coconut between two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Drizzle with caramel topping. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour into custard cups.
- Place a steamer rack inside a large skillet. Pour water into skillet until it comes almost to the top of the rack. Place custard cups on rack. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 in. from the edge comes out clean.
- Remove cups to a wire rack; let stand for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cup. Unmold flans onto dessert plates; serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Individual Flans in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p55
Reviews for Individual Flans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review