Don't sell this simple but delicious recipe short. It's been a hit with my friends and family for years. I plan to make a few extra each time because no one can seem to eat enough of them!
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 cup ketchup, chili-pepper ketchup or salsa
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Partially cook bacon in microwave or oven until about halfway done (do not overcook); drain. Spray eight 10-oz. custard cups with cooking spray. Line each cup with one bacon strip. Spoon 2 tablespoons ketchup or salsa on top of bacon. Break one egg into each cup; season with salt and pepper. Place cups on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness. Let stand 2 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cups; slip eggs out of cups onto a serving platter.
- Spoon sauce from the custard cups over eggs. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Individual Egg Bakes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p18
Reviews for Individual Egg Bakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2012
"This sounds interesting. Could you use a cupcake pan if you are making it for a bunch of people? I'll have to try it at home."