Individual Cranberry Trifles Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Fresh cranberries or mint, optional
- Prepare, bake and cool angel food cake according to package directions. Cut into 1-in. cubes; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, sour cream and vanilla; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, sugar and orange peel.
- In individual parfait glasses or a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, cranberry mixture and whipped topping mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with cranberries and mint if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Individual Cranberry Trifles(3)
Sort By :
Divide recipe in half and keep the other half of cake for another time
Since time is of the essance for me, I bought an angel food cake and proceeded with the receipe...it was very well received even though the season for cranberries have not yet reached its peak.
Peggy colorado springs
I will have to try this, it looks beautiful!!!