Individual Chicken Potpies Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until onion is tender. Add flour until blended. Stir in the broth, milk, broccoli, cauliflower, celery and carrot. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese. Divide chicken among four ungreased 1-1/2-cup baking dishes. Top with vegetable mixture.
- For pastry, combine the flour, salt and paprika in a bowl; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide into four portions; roll out each to 1/8-in. thickness. Place pastry over vegetable mixture. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of dish; flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Individual Chicken Potpies
Sort By :
"I made these yesterday for lunch. My boys loved them since they had been outside shoveling snow half of the morning. WHEM OT CP,ES TO CROTOZING THE INGREDIANTS i DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING IS HARMFUL AS LONG IAS IT IS DONE IN MODERATION. yES, THERE IS A LOW FAT sWOSS cHEESE CALLED aLPINE lACE, BUT WOULD THE TASTE OF THIS CHEESE HOLD UP IN THE DISH? iT IS A MUCH MILDER FLAVOR, AT LEAST i THINK SO AND i THINK THIS DIS NEEDS A BOLDER SWISS."
"123Lon, did you make the recipe? I don't understand why people post a rating on here to either say that it looks good and they think they will make it, or to point out nutritional information that I can certaily read for myself. And taste of home, why is it a requirement to give stars? How can one give a star rating to a recipe they haven't tried yet?"
"Chicken potpies are delicious and a keeper in our home. My family simply loves them and it's a recipe we'll be making many more times, as it's so easy to make and so good to eat."
"The sodium content of the recipe is huge, like 1/2 the daily allowance of sodium. Using low sodium chicken broth, and leaving out the salt in the pastry, and unsalted butter would be a start. If there is such a thing a low sodium swiss cheese that would be a good thing.LAG"