Individual Campfire Stew Recipe
“These pretty parcels are perfect for grilling or whipping up over a campfire,” suggests Margaret Hanson-Maddox of Montpelier, Indiana. “I can get several outdoor chores done while they're cooking.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Grill: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1. Prepare grill for indirect heat. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Place each patty on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square); sprinkle each with potatoes and carrots.
- 2. Combine soup and milk; spoon over meat and vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 397 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 1,333 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC