Individual Campfire Stew Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Place each patty on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square); sprinkle each with potatoes and carrots.
- Combine soup and milk; spoon over meat and vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Individual Campfire Stew(4)
Sort By :
This was very good. Only difference is i would either do as suggested by another writer and use the cubed hashbrowns, or just more hashbrowns as there was very little in the packet. Otherwise this recipe was very good !
Yes but with a couple of changes.
I would use "southern style" hashbrown potatoes (cubed) and cream of celery soup in place of the chicken soup.
I might add some herbs- rosemary or marjoram. Not too much as foil packets tend to intensify flavors.
I personally did not like this recipe. Everyone else I cooked for liked it though! We did determine it needs a little something extra--probably some jack cheese garlic and onions in the beef!
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >